Saturday, September 29, 2012

Glossy Paper experiment

Do you ever order a product and then never use it?  (Insert hand raised very high right here!)  That would be me.  Guilty.  Product not used:  Glossy Paper
Why have I not used it?  I was scared to ruin it.  Crazy, I know.  I buy specialty papers and then never use them because they cost more than regular paper and I hate to waste it.  Then again....not using it IS wasting it, isn't it?! 
 
Needless to say, today I went for the glossy paper and played.  Sure, I had 3 out of 5 images that I only liked moderately well, but that is all part of the experimentation.  And I used less than a sheet of paper for it all.  Plus, I got two Christmas cards made! 
So here is the first card that I made.  I tried to add some Platinum shimmer paint to the paper and then dabbed Island Indigo and Pool Party re-inker with alcohol all over the image.  It turned out nicely.  I added some Pool Party ruffled ribbon and left it alone.
For some reason my tree image wasn't getting sufficient ink in the center.  I love the way this image turned out, though.  I didn't add any shimmer paint at all - just the cotton swab with alcohol and re-inkers.  Isn't it gorgeous the way it turned out?  I couldn't resist a little bling with the rhinestones.  Loved this card!
 
Stamps:  Snow Swirled, Christmas Greetings
Ink:  Island Indigo, Pool Party, Whisper White
Paper:  Whisper White, Glossy white, Naturals DSP, Island Indigo, Pool Party
Accessories:  Clear EP, Island Indigo baker's twine, basic rhinestones, corner rounder, Pool Party ruffled ribbon, rubbing alcohol

No comments: