Sunday, January 19, 2014

Love you to the Moon

DSCF2013

So one of my favorite new stamp sets in the occasions catalogue is called Love You to the Moon.  I love how all the stamps can be used for your significant other or just for someone you love dearly. 

DSCF2014

My daughter was actually the inspiration for this card.  She happens to be absolutely crazy over American Girl dolls and found a project in her recent American Girl magazine that had a flower made out of hearts.  While I had seen projects like this before I had never made one.  Of course, when she decided we needed to make a card using this technique….well, the rest was history!  Winking smile

I punched hearts out of Melon Mambo and the Fancy Foil Designer Vellum paper and folded them in half.  Putting the centers in the middle, I fanned them out until a flower formed.

DSCF2015

And here is the middle of the card.

Stamps:  Love You to the Moon

Ink:  Versamark

Paper:  Wisteria Wonder, Melon Mambo, Fancy Foil Designer Vellum

Accessories:  Heart Punch, Gold Embossing Powder

No comments: