Thursday, January 23, 2014

Lovely as a Tree in Winter

I know, I know….it’s about time that I finally bought Lovely as a Tree.  And it’s about time that I used that stamp set!  Winking smile

IMG_1932

So, with all the wintery weather….note I did not say snow (we live in a bubble of the world that does not receive more than a dusting usually Sad smile)….I was inspired to use winter colors.

I masked off an area with my post it notes to create a rectangle focal point.  Within that rectangle I sponged Soft Sky, Smoky Slate, Island Indigo, and Perfect Plum.  It kind of gives a glimpse of a skyline look.

IMG_1934

After I created my pop of color, I stamped the tree in Basic Grey and again with Illuminate shimmery white ink.  If you can ignore the random shadow that came from my phone, you can kind of see the offset shimmery shadow.  I think the next one I make may get some Dazzling Diamonds, too!  It needs some snow….kind of like I need real snow and not just piddly little snowfalls!  Winking smile

No comments: