Friday, November 27, 2009

Gift card holders

Here are some different gift card holders I made. This particular gift card holder also doubles as a Ghirardelli chocolate holder. I found the fabulous idea and measurements for this little darling quickie on UStamp with Dawn and Friends - it's a great little website that gives you a project a day for about 30 days or so!!!! It is absolutely fantastic for quick and beautiful, innovative gifts. Check it out on the right side of my blog - there is a tan colored blinkie that will take you right there.
This is what I did with the inside of the holder. As you can see I used the Definitely Decorative ornament stamp and ornament punch. It is terrifically quick - just like this project. Although you can't see it, I mixed some Frost White shimmer paint with real red. I love all the sparkle it makes!
Here I have used Andrea Walford's idea to create a stocking that can double as a gift card holder and an ornament. The top of the stocking lifts up to reveal the gift card. It's very cute!

3 comments:

Liz Goldhawk said...

These are both so pretty! I'm looking for different gift card holder designs right now, so this is perfect!

Sam Woodruff said...

I just mad one of these....to cute. Gotta love Andrea!
Hugs

Tracy said...

Love that stocking! Very cute. :)