Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pastel=Perfect for Easter pics!

I'm playing along with two sketches today.  The first one is from Creative Scrappers, a new sketch site I found.  I acutally used a Simply Scrappin' kit I got from the clearance rack a while back.  This is actually a romance based kit - probably meant for weddings and lovers...but I thought the colors were pretty useful for Easter morning pictures, too!
See what I mean?  Blue, green, pink, Cocoa?  They are just perfect for Easter.  I added some inking around the edges to make the paper stand out and I added stampin' dimensionals under each flower layer to make it a bit more 3-dimensional.  The little rhinestones are just a little icing on the cake.  Letter stickers are from doodlebug designs.

And for this sketch, I played along at Sassy 'Lil Sketches, a favorite site of mine.  Here you can see I just extended the same colors and embellishments, I just moved them around a bit.  I added a few strips of stickers/rhinestones instead of a title and added a Crate Paper ribbon for the border area.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lovely projects. great colors. thanks for playing with sassy lil' sketches.

Tone K. said...

Really cute ! Great color combo !
Thanks for playing with us at Sassy Lil Sketches ! :o)