Saturday, August 27, 2011

Splashing with Crystal Effects

The Sweet Peach Crop Shop Blog has a splash challenge going on right now, so I had a couple of ideas for it.  Here was one of my ideas.  I took the technique and sketch from Papercrafter's Library for this page. 
For the chipboard letters, I painted them with Tide Pool Glimmer Glam - you can kind of see the sparkles here.
Here you can see a closeup of the splashes.  To make these, I mixed Crystal Effects and Pool Party re-inker.  Next, I dribbled this onto acetate paper and let it dry.  Finally, I cut slightly around the edges and adhered it to the page.  It matches the new Pool Party colored Spice Cake patterned paper from the upcoming mini-catalogue perfectly.  And don't those buttons make great O's?! 

2 comments:

Missy Whidden said...

I love this so much! Your splashing looks awesome! And I love how you used buttons for the letters in POOL. So clever! Thanks for playing with us at Sweet Peach!

angie gutshall said...

Love this! Thank you for playing with us at SPCS!