Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2009 calendar

Alas, here it is...my 2009 calendar using the Calendar kit from the mini-catalogue. I, too, like to have calendars that you can add pictures to, so I used the small On Board book to create a horizontal calendar you can display with pictures each month.
If you were planning to take the class, it will have to be postponed until the end of the month since all of the calendar kits are on backorder until the middle of January! The class will be $18 - if you are interested, please email me and let me know so that I can order enough supplies and materials for everyone.
Well, it may not snow here in southern Kentucky, but we can at least dream of the white stuff, can't we? (Now that I say that, we'll probably have a blizzard this year!)New punches, new stamps, new images to love for this month of romance and sweetness!
Mostly stickers and scraps, a flower from the Fresh Cuts set finished this page off in no time!
In hindsight, I think I should have made my bunny all white! Oh, well, next time...I was going to use a different set and realized that the bunny would be perfect for Easter!
I just love this hostess set that reminds us to live life like you mean it. A good set for May.
Ah, the arrival of summer, means lots of sunshine! So here's to summer sun with the image from the God is Love set.
Well, of course, I had to play with my new Sizzix machine again. No stamps necessary with all the different sized stars on the star die-cut! So, it's not quite red, white, and blue, but you get the idea!
My Flight of the Butterfly was a good set for August. We always start back to school, but I didn't want to use apples, so I used the sentiment about change.
September uses a few scraps, a rub-on flower, and the flower from the retired Office Accoutrement set I have. I still love that set!
October uses a few of the images from the Enjoy Every Moment set.
November uses a few more stamps from the Enjoy Every Moment set in some fall colors. I thought it was quite poignant for Thanksgiving.
And the last page! For December, an image from the Fun and Fast Notes set.

3 comments:

LORi said...

How cute Val!! I still need to put mine together!!!

angela said...

way cute! how are you going to bind the pages together? i've had to postpone my class til end of jan because they're backordered.

Toby and Valerie Durham said...

I couldn't find your email, so I will leave the answer here. I bound the book together using binder rings that you get at Office Depot. When my order (finally) gets in, I am going to add some of the large pewter eyelets to the holes to reinforce them. I just put lots of ribbon around the binder rings to pretty them up!