Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Brotherly birthday

Here is a birthday card I made for my brother's birthday.  I tried to make it nice and boyish again.  I first made a Sahara Sand backround card and layered Always Artichoke for the back layer.  I added an argyle texture with the texturz plates for the Sizzix machine.  I had some old Designer Series Paper scraps, so I used the argyle pattern again to cut the left side up just for interest.  I stamped Birthday Bliss in Always Artichoke and lightly colored the edges with my Sahara Sand marker.  To finish it off, I added a distressed Baja Breeze oval behind the stamped image and some Baja Breeze and Always Artichoke ribbon across the front.  Hope he likes is - even if it is a few days late!

1 comment:

kat said...

Very manly, love the way you cut the DP and the embossing.