Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Clear overlay and embosslit scrapbook page

Here is a page I made using a few items I bought because I loved them and then let them sit for a while. I had to have these overlays, but couldn't decide what to do with them. Then, I just had to have the butterflies and adored them on everyone elses pages but my own. Thus, I put them both together for a page that is even lovelier in person!

I used Pale Plum for my background and some rich razzleberry to accent. In addition, I had a few little purple paper flowers that I accented the overlay with and anchored with white brads. For my final touch, I sponged each butterly with ink and added a little crystal effects and dazzling diamonds to the center of the butterflies.

My favorite part of all, though, is the pic of my two darlings!

4 comments:

Sam Woodruff said...

Very Nice..I'm taking an online scrap Class right now Hopefully I get results to match this!
Hugs Sam

Liz Goldhawk said...

This is so pretty! I love the way the overlay leaves areas for your pictures and for embellishments... the butterflies are perfect!

Julie O'D said...

Gorgeous! I have to apologize Valerie--I didn't realize I didn't have you on my blog list so I just updated it. Thanks so much for all your comments!!! Julie @Stamp4life

Tracy said...

Very nice! I love the butterflies. :)