Sunday, May 9, 2010

Good friends, great times!

Last October we went to visit Toby's best friend growing up, Perk.  He lives outside of Chicago, so we don't get to see him very often!  We got to stay up late and let the kids play all evening and all day the next day.  They had quite a wonderful time together and we definitely enjoyed getting to spend time with good friends and eat some GREAT food! 
The top page uses my new Log Cabin Smooch Spritz!  I sprayed it all over a chipboard frame for a shimmery, bronze look.  I used some homemade shimmer mist with Real Red ink in it for the scalloped edges.  For my title, I stamped first, colored in Good friend with embossing powder and heated it up.  Then I stamped the circle images on top and wiped off the spots on top of the embossing powder.  I stamped a flower image in VersaMark ink and then rubbed Real Red ink all over it for a subtle look on the flowers.  Finally, I dry embossed a few pieces of flowers using the polka dot embossing folder and my Big Shot!

For this side of the page, I trimmed up the
scalloped edges and added a bit of ribbon.  My favorite part of this page, though is the stamped image I made to look just like the girls playing together.  I used the All in the Family stamp set to create an image of the three girls and then watercolored the hair, skin and clothing to match each of the girls!

No comments: