Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pirate pop up

I am taking a Fun Folds card class from one of my favorite bloggers, Andrea Walford and Sophia Landry.  They have such terrific ideas and always provide great tutorials for them!  If you want to take the class, you can hop on over to their blog in the right column for information.

I will not post the card that they presented as the project, but I will share a card that was inspired by one of the featured tutorials.  Here is a pirate card that I made for a boy's birthday.  I put some sprinkly background on all the white paper for visual texture.  For the front, I cut out a ship (I hope it looks like a ship!) and embossed it with the lattice embossing folder from the summer mini.  Next, I took my brayer and rolled Basic Black ink all over this to make it look more rustic.  I just handcut a pole and flag for the finish of the front. 

For the inside, I used the provided pdf file to make a treasure box for my pop up piece.  I used the woodgrain paper from the winter mini catalogue for the treasure box.  I added a few other stamps from the Birthday Greetings stamp set and the My Favorite Things stamp set for a personal note. 

No comments: