Wednesday, May 12, 2010

PageMaps and Sketch Inspiration pages

Here are two coordinating pages I did based on a few sketches I found recently.  The top page is based on the ever inspirational Becky Fleck's PageMaps sketch.  http://www.pagemaps.com/ I used the Autumn paper from the fall mini catalogue for the patterned paper and then a hodgepodge of other matching items.  For instance, I used several different stickers/journaling spots from Simply Scrappin' kits that are several years old (I just can't throw them away....I'll find a page like this for all those embellies!!).  Our local dollar store carries lots of interesting scrapbooking items, like these chipboard letters from K and Company, and then there was some beautiful velvety ribbon I found on the clearance rack at my SU website! 
For this page, I took the same Chocolate Chip background and used a chipboard scalloped circle to frame the picture.  I spritzed the chipboard with a mixture of shimmer paint/alcohol/Chocolate Chip re-inker (Homemade Shimmer Mist).  I created a few swirls with my Swirly die cut on my Big Shot and stamped a few flowers in More Mustard and Real Rust with the Flower Fancy stamp set.  I added a yellow rhinestone (from the dollar store again- K & Company) and a little pumpkin by Making Memories and here was the finished page. 
As for my school countdown.....14 days to go until summer break!!!  As for tomorrow....more pacing circles to monitor state testing......ah, the fun of the end of the school year!!

1 comment:

Michelle H. said...

Very pretty LO's!!
Love the swirls you made and added to the last LO!!
That LO is really pretty with the flowers!
TFS!
Have a Blessed week!