Friday, September 9, 2011

Zoo Review

While staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, we had a wonderful savannah view that allowed us to capture these gorgeous up close pictures of several of the animals.  Mind you, we have a junky little digital camera....so they are great pics for a point and shoot!
When I started thinking about what colors and papers I wanted to use for this page, I got to thinking that Spice Cake DSP would be perfect for this page.   They have these gorgeous, earthy colors - Soft Suede, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, and More Mustard. 
 To make that strip across the bottom, I took a scrap of 12X12 paper and created two strips out of it.  I punched several 1 3/8" square pieces of the Spice Cake DSP and glued them to the strip to keep them straight.  
I couldn't resist filling the open space of the wildebeest picture with the title piece (made with My Digital Studio) and pulling all the pictures together with one of those huge Spice Cake buttons.
I originally intended to place the title above the journaling, but after I made it, I didn't really like the way it looked there, so I sponged Pool Party ink all around the edges and added a More Mustard button and two Pool Party brads.
I must admit, when I saw this Zoo Review stamp set, I loved the realistic look of the animals in it so much, I couldn't resist it!  I just thought it would be perfect for these Animal Kingdom photos and pages.  I really love the way this giraffe looks colored with my Copic markers.  It's just gorgeous!

No comments: