So recently I got some of the Maritime DSP to play with. You will see quite a few cards coming that I made while playing with the DSP. It is really cute and fun with the nautical theme. Anyway, I loved the little octopus scene so much I wanted to really highlight it in a fun way, so I decided to make a gel card. I haven’t made one of those in a while, so why not?!
Pool Party Cardstock - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
Maritime Cardstock - 4" x 5 1/4", 4 X 4”, 3 ½ X 3 ½”
Real Red Cardstock - 4" x 4", Scrap – 2 X 3”
SCRAP Whisper White Cardstock - 2" x 3"
Boys Will Be Boys Stamp Set
Real Red Ink Pad
Pool Party Ink Refill
Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits
Aloe Vera Gel
1. Fold the Pool Party Cardstock in half with a Bone Folder.
2. Cut the Octopus image out of the Maritime DSP using the 3 ¾” circle framelit and adhere to the Pool Party base with SNAIL adhesive.
3. Take a plastic baggie (I re-used an accessory bag) and fill it with the desired amount of Aloe Vera gel.
4. Add a few Pool Party re-inker drops into the aloe vera gel and mix inside the bag to the desired color .
5. Apply Sticky Strip to the top and the bottom of the plastic bag and adhere to the Pool Party base. Make sure the baggie will not hang out past the DSP that will cover it.
6. Cut a 2 ¾” circle out of the Night of Navy Maritime DSP so it will go over the Octopus DSP . Set aside.
7. Cut a 3 ¾” circle out of the Real Red paper using Circle framelits. Using the same piece of Real Red paper, place the 2 ¾” circle over the center and cut the inside of the Real Red circle out using the framelits.
8. Adhere the Real Red circle to the Night of Navy Maritime DSP, framing the circle.
9. Cut a 3 ¼” circle out of the Pool Party Maritime DSP using the Circle Framelits. Using the same piece of Pool Party Maritime DSP, place the 2 ¾” circle over the center and cut the inside of the Pool Party Maritime DSP circle using the same framelits.
10. Adhere Pool Party circle to the Real Red circle, framing the circle as shown.
11. Cut a Real Red label using the Project Life framelits.
12. Stamp Happy Birthday sentiment using Real Red and cut the scrap to fit the label using Paper Snips.
13. Adhere red birthday label to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
14. Using lots of Stampin’ Dimensionals (I used all of the outside edges of my package) adhere the card front over the plastic gel baggie.