Sunday, August 23, 2009

New shimmer paint is Snow pretty!

Well, it seems as if I cast a shadow onto my picture and didn't realize it until just now. I just recently scrapped a few pics from our poor little excuses for snow this past winter. I guess we should be glad we get 2 cm of snow, since there are places in the world that never see snow!
I came up with a really soft color combo that I enjoyed using for this snow page. I used Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla and Not Quite Navy. It really surprised me how nicely these colors work for a snow page!
You'll notice a lot of Irridescent Ice Embossing powder on the snowflake image in Pink, I also rubbed VersaMark all over the Vanilla/Navy snowflake to add some shimmer and finally, I painted the largest snowflake using the new line of shimmer paint! To add a final touch of glistening snowy feel, I rubbed VersaMark over all of the title letters and embossed them in Irridescent Ice embossing powder as well. Here's a little close-up - isn't it lovely?
Stamps: Serene Snowflakes
Ink: VersaMark, Not Quite Navy
Paper: Vellum polka-dotted paper, Not quite Navy, Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Very Vanilla brads, Scallop circle punch, scallop edge punch, 1 3/8" and 1 3/4" circle punches, light blue felt ribbon, KI Memories letters, Making Memories journaling page

4 comments:

Sam Woodruff said...

I so agree...beautiful!!!!

Liz Goldhawk said...

I love all the different ways you used the snowflake stamps... very different effects (all very pretty)!

Unknown said...

These are beautiful...They are so cute...
--
Michell
Wireless Home Alarm Security Systems

kat said...

Thanks for sharing the new shimmers. Your pages are fabulous.