Monday, October 8, 2012

Making my own woodgrain paper

Today I decided to make my own woodgrain paper.  To do so, I used some of the fancy new Coredinations paper in the mini catalogue. This was Early Espresso paper to begin with.  To add the woodgrain effect, I held my paper over my woodgrain embossing folder and sanded away! 
Note to self.....there is a reason there is a new sanding tool in the mini catalogue!  I tore my old sanding block from the distressing kit soon after I began sanding.  By the time I finished this entire section of paper (10 3/4" square) my sandpaper piece was completely useless!  Guess I'll have to break down and get the new sanding tools, eh?
So, in case you're wondering...this what my woodgrain paper was for. 
You know what's funny?  I almost didn't buy the Orchard Harvest paper or the Perfectly Preserved stamp set because I thought I would never use them!  I guess I proved myself wrong today!
And the divided page protectors are very handy for getting lots of photos on a page and getting those scrap pages done quickly.  I don't know why I never really thought to use these before, but these are really just fabulous!  They are defiitely easy to use!  I just cut all of my photos down to 4" squares and added 3 little 4" square accent pieces.  How easy is that?!
 
Stamps:  Perfectly Preserved
Ink:  Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade, More Mustard, Cajun Craze
Paper:  Early Espresso, More Mustard, Very Vanilla, Orchard Harvest DSP, Early espresso coredinations
Accesories:  Cannery framelits, Early Espresso baker's twine, woodgrain embossing folder, In Color Brads
 

No comments: