Thursday, October 11, 2012

Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger

Well, folks, today is a first!  It is my first time to participate in the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger.  Notice that it is not my first time to peruse throught the fabulous Moxie Fab blog.  I had several reasons to be inspired today - starting with my name!  Hello - the name of this week's Tuesday Trigger is Val de Victorian!  Being a Val myself, I just couldn't resist!  Plus, my daughter's friend is having a birthday party Saturday - a purple Justin Bieber party!  Since I just couldn't give in to the Bieber fever, I decided to allow this color scheme to inspire me.
So, here you can see the color scheme - I went with the pink, orange and purple colors as my main choices.  You can see in the card base pink is my gallon, orange is my pint, and purple is just my accent.
I watercolored the majority of the image using my blender pen and inkpads.  I went back to accent a few of the colors with my markers and used the blender pen to help it fade into the rest of the colors - you notice this in the hair and the pink dress especially. 
The purple dress I accented by paper piecing part of the dress.  I stamped the image onto a scrap of Wisteria Wonder DSP and then cut around the outside lines of the stamped image.
I love the way it turned out - the image nearly reminds me of my daughter and her friend!
Here is the inside of the card (since letting a 5 year old loose with a white gel pen could be a little disastrous!).  I just used the flower image from the Little Friends stamp set and a birthday sentiment with the same font from On Your Birthday.  The doily in the corner was literally a scrap that I just couldn't throw away!  I thought it would add a pop of color to the inside of the card!
 
Stamps:  Little Friends, On Your Birthday
Ink:  Early Espresso, Wisteria Wonder, Pretty in Pink, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Blush Blossom, Black StazOn
Paper:  Early Espresso, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Wisteria Wonder DSP (retired), Pumpkin Pie DSP (retired), watercolor paper
Accessories:  Delicate Doilies sizzlit, 3/4" circle punch, Boho Blossoms punch, Basic Rhinestones, Dazzling Diamonds 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Those little girls are adorable!!