Friday, February 20, 2015

Hello Life Décor Kit

IMG_4346

Even as a demonstrator I just love all of the kits that are offered in the Occasions catalogue!  Maybe it’s just the busy mom part of me, maybe it’s the fact that I can make something cute with just a little work and all the supplies are ready for you.  I don’t know whatever it is, I’m hooked!

I actually started on this kit probably before Christmas….and then I got busy…and it got buried.   Needless to say, since our land here is buried in a good foot of snow, I thought it was a perfect time to just go on and dig this project out and finish it.  Well, almost….I still need to print a few current pictures out so I have picture of us in the frames!

IMG_4348

These are the frames where our pictures will go – we only need 3.  Sad that I don’t have any printed from the last 2 years, huh!?  I’ve been a little behind on my scrapbooking I believe! 

IMG_4347

So…the other great thing about using kits is that you can take the ideas given and customize them to fit your needs.  I decided this might look good in our kitchen.  Our kitchen is yellow with a birdhouse theme.  While this is not a birdhouse them or the same color of yellow, I thought it would fit well!  I used the aquamarine chalk ink to stamp all of my images.  One of the birdhouses in the border is the same shade of aquamarine, so I thought that was a pretty good color to use. 

TIP:  When using the chalk ink on the chalkboard paper purchase the re-inker to go with it!  Go on and add ink immediately to the aquamarine pad – lots of it!  For whatever reason, the aquamarine ink color doesn’t really show up on the chalkboard paper at first.   Adding clear embossing powder and embossing it just makes it worse!  (Ask me how I know!)  Make the pad as juicy as possible and slather the ink on like crazy and then stamp.  It will eventually stand out from the chalkboard paper! 

Also, when you have stamped your image you can set it out to dry or you can set the image much more quickly with your heat tool. 

Hope you enjoyed the tips and the projects!  I’m pretty pleased with the project overall.  If I wanted to change something, I would likely change the pom pom material.  Mine just weren’t as pretty as the picture!  Winking smile

I’ll pull out another project to show you soon!

Stamps:  Hello Life

Ink:  Memento Black, Aquamarine chalk ink

Accessories:  Hello Life Project Kit (I only added adhesives – Tombow glue and Sticky Strips)

No comments: