Monday, February 16, 2015

Valentines

Well….I haven’t fallen off the face of the Earth….I’m just a mom of two kiddos and I have to conquer much before I can play with my stamps and blogs!  Needless to say, I have made plenty in the past several months…I just haven’t shared it with you.  Not that you missed me!  Winking smile 

Here are the two valentines I created for my hubs for Valentine’s Day.

IMG_4322

For this first card I used the Groovy Kind of Love stamp set and the heart punch.  Most of the placement was easy – just making the zebra striped heart have a 3-dimensional effect took 3 hearts – not two.  You stamp each of the 3 hearts and punch them out, fold each in half down the center of the heart and glue half of the heart to the next heart.  Once you have all 3 hearts glued together, then you can put it on the card.

Stamps:  Groovy Kind of Love

Ink:  Real Red, Memento Black

Paper:  Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Stacked with Love DSP

Accessories:  Heart Punch

IMG_4323

And, of course, you always need a nice manly card for him!  I wish they had made additional sentiments for this little stamp set – I think it is a great stamp set for male birthdays, etc.

This card is pretty straight forward.  I did stamp the trees before embossing.  I colored the rest of the image directly with my Stampin’ Write markers. 

Stamps:  Wood You Be Mine?

Ink:  Memento Black, Real Red, Blushing Bride, Blush Blossom, Soft Suede, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Smoky Slate, Basic Grey (markers)

Paper:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White

Accessories:  Woodgrain embossing folder, Texture Boutique, Burlap Ribbon

No comments: