Friday, March 13, 2009

Cards for an upcoming class

After having such a great time at our scrapbooking class tonight, I decided to work on another class. I used the sketches from a set of cards made by Andrea Walford, an outstanding demo from Canada and used the resources I had to start working on a card class. Each participant will make a total of 3 of each card (only 3 cards are shown here). There will be 4 cards, so that will make a total of 12 cards. In a few days I will show a lunch box tin, also, that participants will make to hold all of the cards.

The card above is made from the Goody-Goody Gumdrops set and the Good Friends set. I added a little sprig of leaves and topped it off with ribbon for the finishing touch.
I love this vase idea Andrea had - you just cut your cardstock slightly more narrow than a wide oval and it will cut off the edges to make a vase. I filled it with flowers from the Itty Bitty Buds hostess set and used the Great Friend set at the bottom as well as the inside.
I love, love, love this bird! I even broke down and ordered Pacific Point ink just so I could make beautiful bluebirds with it! (That's pretty addicted, isn't it?). I used almost all of the stamps from the set to make this card and a little punch for the center of the flower to top it all off.
More to come later...
Let me know if you live near Somerset and I'll tell you when the class will be.

No comments: