Thursday, June 18, 2009

Birthday cards for boys

I decided to make a few birthday cards for boys using the color scheme of the baby boy scrap kit. I always make cards just to make them and then when it is time for someone's birthday, I don't have what I really need, so I thought...wouldn't it be better to make a design that you like and then make several of them? That way, I can just pull one out of the file when I need it.
So here were the two designs I came up with. I liked them both, but I think I decided I liked the top card the best. My favorite part of the card below was the swirly stamp in the corner....although in retrospect, I don't really think it goes all that well with the birthday set...but anyway, I'll use it on another card!
And here are the specs:
Colors: Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Old Olive, Bashful Blue
Stamps: Party Hearty, Stitched Exotics
Accessories: 1/4" Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, blue glitter, corner rounder, 1/2", 3/4", 1 3/4" circle punches, large dot texture plate for Big Shot

2 comments:

Karen Giron said...

Both of these cards are great! I love the glitter and all the punched out circles. Great job!

Liz Goldhawk said...

I love the colour combination on both of these! I love the dots in the top one!