Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Birds of a Feather
I made this page for Halleigh's peacock costume from last year. While I thought about waiting for the new in colors, I decided I needed to use up my retiring DSP, so I went with Rainbow Sherbert. I stamped the little bird image from the retiring Zoo-fari stamp set all along the bottom of the pages and then cut out the letters for the title from a sizzlits set that I have called Sunset. Finally, I used one of the printed window sheets to create the tail on the peacock. You can see it a little better in the second image. It's so transparent, it makes it difficult to see the 3-dimensional effect that it adds. I added a few Tempting Turquoise brads in it to hold it down and tie it together with the brilliant colors of the real peacock. My husband actually came up with the title and the journaling, which is hidden behind the second picture in a pullout.