Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

What better way to celebrate the New Year than with some new stamp sets and new cards? I must admit that my dear hubby was so wonderful this Christmas - he gave me a sizzix die cut, several scrapbook idea books, gift certificates to the Melting Pot (a fondue restaurant), and some scrapbook luggage to take on trips with me. Therefore, since I didn't want to hurt his feelings, I felt the urge to use it right away, of course!!!
The next few days I will try to share with you some of the cards and pages I made during my blogging break - a few days with family and friends. This first card uses the Very Vintage stamp set - Bermuda Bay, Rose Red, and Soft Sude. I just love how the flower edges curl up like a real flower when you wrap it gently around a pencil!
The next two cards I made in the car while riding through Alabama! They both used scraps that I had leftover from the scrapbook pages made while on vacation! I sponged the whisper white card base with Brilliant Blue, then used a scrap of chocolate chip and rose red to mat the Animal Stories patterned paper. Next, I matted a rose red and Brilliant Blue flower on Chocolate Chip paper. I just love that Vintage Vogue set!
I must say that the stark white cardstock base looks so plain next to all of my other cards! I used some more scraps of Animal Stories paper. I matted the patterned paper as well as some Whisper White cardstock on Old Olive. I used the Cheep Talk stamp set with so saffron, Old Olive, and Brilliant Blue. I finished the card off with a few so saffron and brilliant blue brads. While I don't think it is my best card, it's not too bad for making it in the car!

1 comment:

Liz Goldhawk said...

Love the way you used Vintage Vogue! You did great with the hand-cutting... I love the look but haven't tried it yet. Happy New Year!