Saturday, January 9, 2010


I guess it's time for me to re-stock my paper....I've scrapped so many pages recently that I'm runnning out of some of my colors! That's a good and bad problem to have!
Our Sea World pictures were all good, but not great, so I decided to highlight the moments I savored from that trip. Since I was out of brilliant blue paper, I decided to just make my own background using whisper white and brayer over a mask to create a base landscape. I didn't want it to be too busy, so I just made water and sky. I started at the bottom with Tempting Turquoise and Brilliant Blue. At the top, I used Soft Sky and Baja Breeze.
Next, I made a few embellishments to add to my dolphin stickers. On the first page, I made some circles using the Circle Circus stamp set. I stamped the scalloped image in tempting turquoise and the top image in brilliant blue. I always think that the top image looks like water, so I added some turquoise glitter with crystal effects to some of the bubbles and then plain crystal effects to some of the empty bubbles. I ended by using stampin' dimensionals to place it on top of the scalloped circle.
On the second page, I used a stick pin and a scrap of ribbon from my ribbon jar and some seed beads to create a wavy little accent. I didn't want the pin to stick anything, though, so I stuck a stampin' dimensional to the bottom and put a Tempting Turquoise button on top of the dimensional. I added a tiny sliver of brilliant blue to the center of the button to make it look like it was threaded, too.

No comments: