Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hi, Ho, Hi, Ho, it's back to work I go!!!

Hi, Ho, Hi, Ho, it's back to work I go! Boo hoo....no more snow days for a while. And no more school days off until April (ah, the whines of a schoolteacher, huh?!) Oh, well....I'm still crafting away before I go to bed when I can. So, anyway, enough whining and on to the projects, eh?
Both of the projects on this post are inspired by Andrea Walford. The top card is made completely from scraps. I used some of the in colors from last year and the new bird punch to make this card. It's pretty straightforward - the bird wings all have dazzling diamonds glitter on them. I used my new scallop trim punch and the branches were cut out in both chocolate chip and kiwi kiss. I cut out the leaves and glued them on top of the chocolate chip branch so they looked more like a real branch.
As for the box...it got a little smooshed in the scanner....
Real Red, chocolate chip and very vanilla was the color scheme on this one. I used my I {heart} hearts stamp set for the hearts. The two larger hearts were sprayed with shimmer mist and the smallest heart was punched with a 1/2" circle punch and placed in a build-a-brad.

3 comments:

Liz Goldhawk said...

ooh! i love the glitter on the bird's wing, and your treat holder looks great!

kat said...

Love the glitter and the new punch. I haven't bought any new stuff yet so love seeing what everyone else is doing. TFS

Tracy said...

First of all, these projects are so cute! Second of all, how can you not have days off until April? We had 2 Mondays in Jan. off, a 4-day weekend in Feb for Presidents Day, spring break in March.... (Can you tell I look forward to off days!) :)