Sunday, January 3, 2010

Magical Memories


I have 5 layouts to share in the next few days - I did them all when we were away from home! That's the best part about sticking to one set of patterned paper and color scheme - it takes all the time spent choosing things out of creating a layout. I took about 3 sheets of each color in my color scheme and one pack of patterned paper and nearly ran out! Anyway, I am using the Animal Stories patterned paper and stamp set that matches. In the layout above, I just had to use the elephant since the kids were playing on the Dumbo ride! I doodled some swirls with my glue pen and sprinkled on Dazzling Diamonds to make it look like the elephant was spraying water everywhere. Since I only had a short amount of supplies, I just wrote my title over top of that with my Chocolate Chip pen.

For my Magical Memories page, I went with Brilliant Blue to match the top of the Magic Kingdom. I added some hand cut ears to my journaling spot and then just drew the title with my glue pen and poured some ultra fine glitter on top. Hey, it works - and the sparkle just adds to the magical feel! I made some extra flowers using my Cheep Talk stamp set and sprinkled more glitter to the center of those flowers and some flowers from a different sheet of patterned paper.
All right, enough of my jabbering for now...more tomorrow!

2 comments:

Holly VanDyne said...

Val these are ADORABLE pages! That's going to make one fantastic album. :) We hope to go to Disney this summer so I know I'll be coming back for more inspiration!

Renee said...

Way to go 10 pages!!!! do you think you can beat me htis year?!?!?!
I never wanted that paper with the elephants until I saw it on your layout! Next hostess club I will have to get it!