Thursday, July 1, 2010

MDS Winter scrapbook page

We're on vacation in Fort Lauderdale with a few friends this week, so rather than dragging all my scrapbook and stamp stuff with me, I decided to drag the new laptop and external hard drive with me!  Nap time and late night (or early morning when a certain little one wakes at 6:00 a.m.!) works great for making scrapbook pages with MDS.  Needlesss to say, I made these pages based on some sketches at http://sketchesforyou.ning.com/ a great site for getting inspiration! 
This page uses some more non-traditional winter colors, but I liked the end result.  I used Barely Banana, Almost Amethyst script DSP, and Elegant Eggplant for my color  scheme.  I added a few swirls from the Baroque Motifs stamp set and different snowflakes to finish off a page about our first snow day of the season.
Here you can see I used some pics from Christmas day.  One thing you will notice about both pages is how similar they are.  One thing I love about  MDS is how you can just duplicate a page or a mirrored page of your first page.  This makes 2-page layouts or even a cohesive album really quick and easy to make!  While I don't do this for every page, you'll notice and kept the flow of the ribbon and paper going across both pages above and mirrored these two Christmas pages.
On these pages I used a combo of papers from the Christmas Cocoa download as well as some elements from the Write Stuff DSP.  The reindeer is from the Winter Post stamp set.
I started a Christmas in July challenge on the Sketches for You site, go ahead and try a digi page using MDS!  If you don't have it, it is a terrific tool for scrapbooks, cards, calendars and more! Shop for it now on my website http://valeriedurham.stampinup.net/

2 comments:

Sam Woodruff said...

These are Awesome!!!!!

Pursuit of Stampiness - Calgary, Canada said...

Thanks for connecting through my blog. I appreciate it. You have an amazing blog. Love it. And what a gorgeous family you have. You sure are a natural at blogging. So fun! Thanks for so many details. I will come back often. Take good care, Pauline

http://thepursuitofstampiness.blogspot.com/