Sunday, July 11, 2010

Tres Chic purses and a little project from my daughter!

Here are the little purses we made today at our club meeting.  The color combo was not one I would come up with myself.   It is Peach Parfait, Baja Breeze, and Riding Hood Red.  Interestingly enough, I found this color combo on the new Color Coach that I absolutely adore!  It is the best color tool ever! 
So, anyway, these little purses are inspired by Becky Roberts' tutorials.   She has the Inking Idaho blog on the right side of the page.  
For the top purse, I used the Artistic Etchings stamp set and the Baja Breeze striped grosgrain ribbon for the handles.
For this purse, I used the Very Vintage jumbo wheel to create this purse.  I added a few touches of glitter and another stamp from the Artistic Etchings set.  I took Liz Goldhawk's great idea of adding a filigree brad to the center and made a little medallion of sorts for the front of the purse.  Cute, huh?  These are just the perfect size to put a gift card or a set of little 3X3 cards inside.
And last, but not least....here is my daughter's project for the day.  She didn't want to miss out on all the fun we have at club, so when everyone was gone she made a little lion.   She was reading some Disney storybook the other day and came up with this idea, so I let her have a go at it.  I helped put it together, but she cut the slits, stamped, drew a face, and glued the paper together for the face. 
Here she is petting her little lion....hope it doesn't bite!!!  Hee hee!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your purses are darling and your daughters lion is just precious.

http://www.papercreationsbykaren.blogspot.com/