Monday, July 12, 2010

Scrapbook inspiration!

I got the inspiration for this page from two different places.  I used a sketch to make the left hand layout (by itself above) from Sketches for You and then flipped it and extended it for the right side of the layout.  The brown fabric flowers and background effect ideas I got after taking an online class from Andrea Walford and Sophia Landry.  
Almost all of the supplies are SU.  I used the Medallion, BaroqueMotifs and Rough Type stamp sets.  I also sponged several Bashful Blue flowers with Brilliant Blue as well as diecutting plenty of brown material for the brown flowers. 
Here's a close-up of the flowers - the blue flowers came from the diecut flowers that were in last year's catalogue.  The brown flowers are made out of some fabric I had.

3 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

I love these pages! The colors are so warm and the flowers really set it off. You rocked them Valerie! Stacy H-W

kat said...

Pages are great Val. The browns and blues are beautiful together. The flowers really make the pages pop.

Jessica Ying said...

beautiful work!! following your blog now....mine is www.yoyostamping.com.