Friday, February 25, 2011

Stampin' Club is tonight!

Tonight is our monthly stampin' club meeting hosted by Johnna B.  I am looking forward to seeing the ladies and getting a little scrappy time, too!  Since banners are oh, so hot, I thought I would create a little 6X6 scrapbook page using a banner.  For this particular banner, I used the party hats from the Party Hearty stamp set.  I colored the stamp using my watercolor crayons, misted with water and stamped.  Very simple.  I topped it off with Daffodil Delight pom pom trim (LOVE) and a Party This Way sentiment from the stamp set titled Party This Way.  I finished it off with some dazzling diamonds and some embellishments from the FREE Ice Cream Parlor set you get for every $50 you spend for Sale-a-Bration!!!!
 Here are a few cards I made as samples for the card we are going to create.  I went with a tri-fold card.  For the first card, though, I punched on the wrong side, so I just cut the third side off and made a regular card out of it.  I added some champagne glass glitter around the circle and a butterfly from Thanks for Caring. 
Here is what I really wanted to do with this card.  I made a damask background using the flourish stamp from the Bliss stamp set (another FREE Sale-a-Bration stamp set!). 
Here is a closeup of the butterfly.  I colored it with Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, and Early Espresso Markers and stamped it.  I added Smooch Pearl Accents to the top for a touch of shimmer and elegance.
Here is the inside of the card.  I stamped the flourish in Blushing Bride and then the Bliss sentiment on top in Early Espresso.  I finished it off with a tiny bit of Early Espresso ribbon to hold it closed.
Finally, for a variation, I made the same card using the Ice Cream Parlor paper and the Aviary stamp set. 
Here's the inside - it says You're too kind and has a few more little flowers around it.

No comments: