Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Scrap Fit Challenge: Dream a Little Dream

It is time for my first workout at ScrapFit!  The first challenge for the month of February is called:  "Dream a Little Dream."  You can create any project that fits this theme.  In fact, you may even win a lovely prize from our sponsor, Lucky Girl Crafts - a place where you can get fabulous scrappy kits!
Using the dreamy theme, I created this page of my daughter.  I loved this picture of her with her face full of dreams out in the middle of nature.  I also had this chipboard title from ColorBok in my stash just waiting to be used.  In addition, I made this bird with the Notably Ornate stamp set over the summer - I just never used it and couldn't bear to throw it away!  I inked it with Marina Mist and spritzed it with water before stamping it onto watercolor paper.  It had such a dreamy effect, I thought it would be perfect to show her dreams taking flight, so I accented that thought with a trail of light blue rhinestones from Martha Stewart.  The ribbon has been in my stash for over 4 years!  Can you believe it!?  I actually got a baby gift for my daughter from GAP that used this ribbon as part of the wrap.  I just adored the ribbon, so I couldn't bear to just throw it away!  (Yes....I admit to sometimes hoarding....ok....more than sometimes!  But I eventually use it when I find the perfect project!!!)  The perfect project was on this page - I stuck down lots of sticky strip and folded back and forth until I got a nice rouched ribbon look with it.  I finished it off with a little journaling card with more blue rhinestones and sponged edges around the base. 

Stamps:  Notably Ornate
Ink:  Marina Mist, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Retired DSP, Pink Pirouette, Brocade Blue
Accessories:  Love Stories Simply Scrappin' kit, Log Cabin Smooch Spritz, Chipboard title (ColorBok), Rhinestones (Martha Stewart), Ribbon (GAP Clothing Store)

No comments: