Monday, August 20, 2012

Handmade washi on your pages!

Here is the other page that we made at club Saturday.  This page I decided to create using a more distressed look.  I used my distress kit from last year's catalogue to add some tea stain and blue aging to the page.  I stamped the Distressed Dots background stamp at the bottom (I love that stamp!) using Summer Starfruit.
Here you can see some of the little washi tape I made - it blends in so well, I almost forgot it is not DSP!  You can see the blue piece at the top - that is the stamp from the Elementary Elegance stamp set from Sale-a-Bration last year.  I stamped it in Midnight Muse on tissue paper and glued it on with stick glue. 
Note to self:  Using an old dried up glue stick only results in tearing tissue paper and rendering it useless!!!
Here at the top of the page I stamped the flourish from the Creative Elements stamp and made some more washi with Summer Starfruit and another stamp from that set. 
Note #2 to self:  Liquid glue tends to show right through....only use stick glue for this technique!

All you need to create homemade washi is stick glue, tissue paper, and a stamp/ink!  I told you it is super cheap and fun to make!  See, even the hubbies will like that!!!  ;)

Stamps:  Distressed Dots, Creative Elements
Ink:  Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit, Distress ink
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Newsprint DSP, Comfort Cafe DSP, Midnight Muse, tissue paper
Accessories:  Gold smooch, Naturals designer buttons, linen thread, distress kit, retired love note die cut

No comments: