Sunday, January 30, 2011

I jinxed myself!

I didn't think it was possible to jinx yourself when making a scrapbook page....but I found out it was definitely possible last night!  Our daughter was wound up at bedtime even after we went swimming and let her play with a friend for an hour or more yesterday afternoon.  She just wouldn't go to sleep.  When I thought she had finally gone to sleep, I started working on these scrapbook pages.  Pages about her tea party at the public library last summer.  How fitting that as I wrote that we have a tea party 24 hours a day 7 days a week, I suddenly heard some little pitter patter upstairs.  I crept up the steps to see what the sound was....evidently the tea party really is open 24 hours a day!  Down the hall she was sneaking with a little tea cup and red kool-aid....she was just a little thirsty and thought she would have a tea party....at 11:30 p.m........Argh!  I should have known that it was too good to be true!  We had put her to bed at 9:00 or so....or so we thought!  So.....now we see how true that journaling really was!  Ha!
Anyway....on to the layout.  I got the idea for both of these layouts from Paper Crafter's Library where there are tons of layouts, cards, and 3-d items in addition to great training videos.  
I am so proud of these letters - I just love sparkly letters!  The word tea is from Martha Stewart.  The word party is chipboard letters from SU.  To make them glittery, I smeared VersaMark all over the chipboard and sprinkled Heat and Stick powder on top.  When you heat this, it turns to glue, so that when you sprinkle glitter on the letters it sticks to the glue.  I usually set it with the heat gun just to make sure the glitter doesn't fall off and leave an empty space.  They are so sparkly on the page, though! 
Finally, I finished off the pictures with some varying patterned papers, ribbons, and buttons.

Ink:  VersaMark
Paper:  Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Island Oasis DSP (retired)
Accessories:  Buttons, Corduroy brads and buttons, chipboard letters, heat and stick powder, rose colored superfine glitter (All SU), heat embosser, waxy flax (CTMH), letter stickers (Martha Stewart), rhinestones (Recollections)

1 comment:

Liz Goldhawk said...

This is a super cute layout, and I had to laugh at your impromptu tea party story... so fun!