Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summertime Centerpieces

The Paper Trailmakers Blog has an open challenge, so I thought I would make these summertime centerpieces.  I had to make centerpieces for a banquet, but I wanted them to last so I could use them again in September. 
I used the Celebrations patterned paper so it would have a birthday feel.
I used basket filler and placed a foam piece inside to hold the flowers in. 
I cut out the pictures and a backing piece using the Top Note die - I cut the pictures on the perforated edge so they would be matted on the background piece. 
I also made a few pennants using the the new die cut that will be available on July 1. 
I used the Fun Flowers diecut to create the flowers.  I curled the ends of the flowers using my distressing tool - my favorite for curling ends.  I hot glued each piece to the next so it would have super holding power and give it some dimension (only one finger got glued to a button!!!Ouch!)
Finally, I finished it all off with some blue organza ribbon that my friend Angel gave me.  Angel - if you're reading this WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Very pretty Val - great idea!