Friday, March 13, 2015

Watercolor indescribable gift

DSCF7559

This card uses a similar technique from yesterday.  The difference in this card is that I used my markers to add the color first.  I would color the outline of the flowers first.  After a bit of color had been added, I washed over the flower, leaf or branch with my Aqua Painter.  Again, you have to let the paper dry really well before you can adhere it to your card base. 

This technique honestly looked awful when I first completed it.  I really got close to just trashing it altogether.  Then I remembered that I have had several watercolor projects that look much better once they are dry.  So, while this is by far no masterpiece, I was pleased with the result once it dried and glad I didn’t just throw it all away!

Stamps:  Indescribable Gift

Ink:  VersaMark, Calypso Coral, Wild Wasabi, Early Espresso

Paper:  Watercolor Paper, Crisp Cantaloupe

Accessories:  Clear embossing powder, heat gun, aquapainter, Basic rhinestones

No comments: