Saturday, December 25, 2010

No dreamin'...it IS a white Christmas!

 Words just can't express the joy on my daughter's face when she awoke at 5:00 a.m. this morning to see if Santa had arrived yet.  (Well, truthfully, she awoke at 2:00 to see if Santa had come, but we just couldn't drag ourselves out of bed for pics at 2 a.m.!).  Honestly, though, when she saw the snow, she said, "Mommy, it really IS Christmas!  Look, Santa brought snow!"  This is our driveway before we drove down the hill to leave for our Christmas celebrations.  How can you not just sing that old familiar song on Christmas morning?!  For those of you who live up north (of Kentucky), it has been 11 years since our last white Christmas - I think my husband and I were first married the last time we had snow pics!  So three inches on Christmas morning is huge for us!
 So....enough babbling....I promised to share a quick and easy project I did wiith some of the girls in our youth group last weekend.  (That darn Christmas shopping and wrapping kept getting in the way!!  LOL)
The girls are just starting to scrapbook, so I wanted to keep it really simple, but still cute and adorable. 
    I made a paper bag album (after all, I didn't charge them.....they begged me to start teaching them....how could I say no to those darlings?!?!)  For my sample, I used the candy cane lane paper and kept everything super simple.  On the cover I used a few diecuts to create the shapes.  I think they are the Northern Flurry snowflakes sizzlits die and the Christmas cheer die, although I'm away from home, so I can't check.  I added some chunky red essentials glitter to the center of the snowflakes to make sure it was glitteriffic!
 Here is a sample inside layout.  I didn't photo all of them because they were so easy.  I just took a front and back of the DSP and either used a scrap strip, a scalloped edge, or a torn edge to create a simple edge for each page.  I also watercolored matching items for an embellishment on the page and the pullout tab for the pocket.  Each image was raised with a pop dot to add emphasis.
 How can you not just adore this paper?  I love, love, love this paper because it makes me want to lick it!  I love candy canes, so candy cane themed paper is totally up my alley!  Here's another super simple layout.  I made sure to put the stampin' dimensionals under the bottom part of the candy cane image so I could slide some pictures underneath. 
 Here are a few more sizzlits dies to embellish the edges of the center pages.  I added some accents to the real red letters and the little bird with my white uniball gel pen for good measure.
Here is one more layout.  It is almost identical to the candy cane image page...I just added a line of trim at the top to make it look like the ornaments really were hanging from a little garland.  I just love this trim!  I tried to buy some that was similar at the M store, but it just wasn't the same quality.....I hope they bring this trim and the gold/silver cord back again next year! 

For now, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments: