Monday, May 23, 2011

Christmas cookies

Here is my daughter in her ultimate haven - making Christmas cookies on Christmas day to take to our family reunion.  Mind you, the icing was lacking in consistency - not enough powdered sugar, if I remember correctly....but it still tasted great!  She had a wonderful time making cookies, even if they didn't look beautiful!  I love having a little helper in the kitchen!  I can't wait to see what kinds of things she will eventually cook up!
This is from a CTMH kit that I got from a friend, Carla Lowe - one of my club members.  I took the sketch given in the directions and flipped it on it's side so that it would work with my pictures.  I moved around my embellishments and masked off the title and spritzed with Glimmer Mist.  It was a good quick and easy page.  Plus, it had your basic Christmas colors without being overwhelmingly Christmasy.  I have been doing a lot of non-traditional Christmas pages this year....that's okay with me!  Break out of the shell!

No comments: