Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Strength and Hope - Christmas style

 I am almost finished with all of my Christmas pictures (insert happy dance here!)  Not that I mind making Christmas album pages....I just never end up making them around Christmas time.....It's a little hard to get in the Christmas spirit when school's almost out for summer! 
Anyway, I used the Real Red and Old Olive Designer Series paper from the Brights Collection as well as some patterned paper from the PlayDate Designer Series Paper for this layout.   
Here is the first page in my layout.  I made a card the other day for the May challenge at The (paper) Trail Makers challenge blog and got featured, so it inspired me to use another doily on my layout.  This time it was a heart doily (the kind you find on the Target $1 spot at Valentine's Day). 
Here's a closeup of the bottom part.  I used a leftover piece of sticker sheet to create the circle frame for the picture.  The paper daisy is colored red with a Copic marker and has a ribbon tied onto a pretty red ribbon slide from Making Memories.  The pleated ribbon is also from Making Memories.  Finally, I used the Strength and Hope stamp set to create the butterfly in real red with soft suede around the edges.  The bottom piece is a scrap of Whisper White paper that I stamped in Versamark and sponged Real Red chalk pastels onto (the Poppin' Pastel technique).  It is embossed with a polka dot embossing folder and die cut with the larger scallop square on the Scallop Square Duo die.
I finished it off with this second page.   Pretty similar overall - those borders are cut with the Tasteful Trim XL diecut.  The title is from Making Memories and there are also some leftover stickers from a Simply Scrappin' kit - I tied those ornaments on with Baker's Twine.

No comments: