Monday, May 9, 2011

Scrappy time for Mother's Day!

Last night my Mother's Day present was just simply time to take a nap and play with my scrapbook stuff while watching the Amazing Race finale. We were delighted to have two Kentucky teams in the finals and really liked all three of the final teams. It's just so nice to have teams that play a game fairly and don't get all mean and catty. Anyway, here is the lovely page I made with my scrappy time.
My page background is Pink Paislee - again, I think it was meant for 4th of July, but it was a soft enough background, it looked like a starry, snowy night, too.  I think the color combo for this ended up being unusual, but a nice combo. 
Sweet Peach Crop Shop has a song challenge and Crop Suey also has a song and dance challenge, so I thought this would be the perfect page for both of those challenges!
Here's a closeup of my title and journaling:
I took a tag and used some old rub-ons for the part of the title that is on the tag.  I also put a few little blue snowflakes down with removable adhesive and spritzed Carribean Blue and Cherry Limeade Glimmer Mist over each corner.  I took my snowflake masks off and wiped off the rub-ons. 
Here's the other side - a journaling tag from Studio Calico, several snowflakes and some lace and a ribbon pull (Making Memories).  You see some red/white baker's twine from the summer mini and some whisper white buttons in there, too. 
I'm pretty certain you are wondering what in the world this picture is!  My daughter is pretty much obsessed with caterpillars.  We collect them....everyday....at least 2-4!  And if we're lucky, we get a few pet snails named Shelben, also. 
Halleigh came to me yesterday morning puzzled because her pet caterpillar grew a wig overnight.  When I went to check on it, I discovered it had begun creating a cocoon!  She is so delighted to be watching a real live metamorphosis in front of her eyes!  She won't even take it away from our house to show anyone (which is highly unusual for her!)  We'll see if it turns into a moth or a butterfly.   Pretty cool for a caterpillar right out of our yard, though!  Better than the snake she saw over the weekend!  :)

No comments: