Monday, July 11, 2011

Gettin’ Spritzy

Crop Suey is having a get dirty challenge – so I inked and spritzed and have brown speckled fingers to show for it!

DSCN9776

I decided to pull out the Log Cabin Smooch Spritz for this one.  I spritzed forever to get this large chipboard flower frame all brown (I am about to run out….takes a while!)

I decided I didn’t want all of the butterflies on the background designer series paper to be without color, so I colored some with my Stampin’ Write markers and feather colored with a few of my Copic markers for a couple of butterflies, too.

DSCN9777 Here’s a little closeup of the title cluster.  I used Studio Calico letters and wooden veneer butterflies there.  I colored the butterflies and clear rhinestones with my Copic markers.  I used some vintage lace and a brown Prima flower along with the last of my crocheted flowers.  I didn’t want those crocheted flowers to be stark white against the vanilla colors, so I spritzed them with Lemonade Mr. Huey from Studio Calico and a tiny spritz of Log Cabin Smooch Spritz.  I topped those off with some Bashful Blue buttons. 

And there you have it….I’m back from a youth trip to King’s Island and in happy, scrappy blogville again, folks! 

No comments: