Sunday, July 3, 2011

Two Tags Treats

Wow! I had so much fun at my open house yesterday!  I think I had a total of 10 ladies that showed up to have fun, chow down on yummy treats, and make fun projects.  In addition to the mother of pearl card I showed the other day, I used the doily set to create these darling little treat holders out of the Two Tags diecut.  All it took was some scraps of paper and one die cut.  You could make a set of these in no time at all!
In the top picture you see one that is Calypso Coral - so on the Color Coach, two natural colors to use with that are Riding Hood Red and Basic Grey. 

When I saw this picture over at the Sweet Peach Crop Shop blog, I had to use the colors!
I loved the yellow, red, and blue color combo - so summery and even a good color combo for the 4th of July!
 
So, here you see a Daffodil Delight base with Cherry Cobbler and Night of Navy to give it a more patriotic look. At the top, I stamped the circle shaped doily 3 times and punched it out with 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches as well as the scallop circle punch. 
Note - on the wider tag there is a score line made using the die cut.  I cut out two and sticky stripped them together.  On the narrow tag, I cut out two and scored at 1 1/2" up from the bottom. 
You'll be finding more projects using diecuts soon on Practical Scrappers.

1 comment:

angie gutshall said...

These are so cute! Thanks for playing along at SPCS!!