Friday, October 21, 2011

Salted and Blended Watercolor Background

I found a pretty interesting technique on Papercrafter's Library the other day.  It was called the salted and blended watercolor background.  I used that technique to create the following cards.  While I can't share the specific details of the technique (you can find the Papercrafter's Library link in the sidebar), it is a really fun and messy technique with a gorgeous result!
The above card uses the Tempting Turquoise and Night of Navy color combo for this card.  I added a few silver Serene Snowflakes and embossed them to make them pop.  You can see I also embossed the second layer of white on this card with the Northern Flurry embossing folder.  For this top card, I added a sentiment using Night of Navy. 
I made virtually the same card here.  I changed the color combo to Pool Party and Night of Navy, although you can't really see the navy.  You can really see, though where I embossed the watercolor paper with salt on this image.  It repels the water and leaves a little splotch of a spot!  I used the same sentiment and embossed the image in silver.  You can't see the snowflake quite as well in this image, though, so I think I may like the top color combo a little bit better.

No comments: