Saturday, October 22, 2011

Up, up, and away birthday card

My sweet hubby's birthday was this week, so I made his birthday card just in time....literally!  I got it made just in time for him to see it when he came home from refereeing a football game Tuesday!
I have this awful habit of making pretty cards and pretty things....so I decided to use my color coach to help me find a more manly color combo.  I decided on Early Espresso, Tangerine Tango, and Marina Mist.
To make this card, I found a scrap of this houndstooth DSP retired last year and used another few scraps of white paper.  I used my scallop edge punch to create a cloud template.  I sponged Marina Mist around that little template to make the cloud background.  Next, I made 3 different balloons with Tangerine Tango and added a little retired ribbon.  I punched out the sentiment with my 1 1/4" circle punch and I was done!  Easy and man friendly!  ;)

Stamps:  Up, up, and away
Ink:  Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Tangerine Tango
Paper:  Early Espresso, Retired DSp, Whisper White
Accessories:  Retire ribbon, sponges, 1 1/4" circle punch

No comments: