Saturday, November 12, 2011

Dasher card

And for the next Christmas card, I have a card I made with the Dasher stamp.  I have wanted this stamp for a long while, so finally this past year I got it as a free stamp during Sale-a-Bration.  I tried to stay simple with this one - just a little Riding Hood Red Marker and Smooch are added to the image.
Stamps:  Dasher, Snow Swirled
Ink:  Early Espresso, Riding Hood Red
Paper:  Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Riding Hood Red grosgrain ribbon, linen thread, Stampin' Write marker, Smooch
And for the not so simple....Here is where a gazillion glue dots went last week!  My daughter had a project from her kindergarten to make a turkey, so I pretty much let her loose with some of my old supplies.  She certainly made a unique looking turkey!  It was definitely all of her ideas - I just helped out a little bit.  Here are a few things I loved:
the flower bow on the head
the letter stamps on each feather
the heart *rhinestones* pumping blood to the organs
the belly"button"
the necklace

Oh, what fun we have together!  A good way to use up some of those old supplies you don't use anymore! 

No comments: