Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Unicorn Birthday Celebration

Where in the world have I been?  Getting ready for my daughter's unicorn birthday party.  She was in charge of nearly everything....she wanted it all a certain way!  For instance, she wanted a unicorn and a 5 on her birthday cake.  Pink icing...polka dots....
And a rainbow on the inside.  This is 1 1/2 cake mixes made into 3 round circle cakes.  I won't tell you how much frosting!  It was yummy, though! 
Here was her original invitation - I watercolored the Pony Party unicorn and added some Smooch to the hearts.  It was just perfect.  That sample was.....
And then I colored 16 more.....and added smooch....expecting the same results.....but the smooch ran and spread everywhere.  It was a disaster!  I had to re-color every single pony except the original! 
So on the second try...I went with a known success - dazzling diamonds.  Always a winner!

Stamps:  Pony Party, French Filigree
Ink:  Pretty in Pink, Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, StazOn
Paper:  Watercolor Paper, Pretty in Pink, Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder
Accessories:  Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon and satin ribbon, Tasteful Trims die,  Polka dot Embossing folder, dazzling diamonds, aqua painter

No comments: