Saturday, November 26, 2011

Perfect Poinsettia card

This was a really simple card to make with a striking effect.  I started with a Riding hood red background with a crumb cake mat.  I stamped the word joy in Riding Hood Red.  For the accent, I used the Designer Frames embossing folder.  It comes with an oval and a rectangle shape - they are two smaller, separate folders rather than one large one.  I finished it off with my poinsettia.  I punched a few 5 flower punches I crumpled and peeled the flowers in two to make faux suede.  To make the final shimmer, I spritzed gold smooch spritz and put a white glimmer brad in the center. 

Stamps:  The Sounding Joy
Ink:  Riding Hood Red
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Riding Hood Red
Accessories:  Designer Frames embossing folder, glimmer brads, gold smooch spritz, 5 petal punch

No comments: