Sunday, April 22, 2012

Beau Chateau 6X6 layout

I have almost killed a pack of Beau Chateau DSP.....by killing it, I mean no harm!  I simply mean I have almost used up every single sheet of it down to the last scraps!   Those who have been to our club meetings this year have joined me in making a complete 6X6 album using paper from this paper pack.  We have one more club meeting left to finish our album and then we will take a break for the summer.  If you live in the Somerset area of Kentucky and are interested in joining us for more fun projects, leave me a message with your information in the comment section and I'll hook you up!

To make this layout, it was actually very simple.  We took 2 6X6 sheets of Beau Chateau DSP for the backgrounds.  The two picture mats are 4X5 (L) and 3X4 (R).  The banners are all made from scraps.  I started with scraps that were about 3/4 - 1" in height and made them to match the empty areas on the page.  When I add my pictures, I will go back with a Uniball Signo White gel pen to add any journaling or notes.  The embellishments are simple - 3 layers of the Doily punch with a Stampin' dimensional in between each layer.  The brads are the butterflies from the Everyday Enchantment line from the Sale-a-bration catalogue. 
NOTE:  If you are using the doily or the flower triple layer punch.....you MUST use it on a flat table.  I would also advise standing to be able to put plenty of weight and pressure on the punch to get the intricate details to cut all the way through.  These are great punches, but they are made differently than the rest, so you can't be lazy using them!  (I should know!!!)

Ink:  Marina Mist
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Marina Mist, Beau Chateau DSP
Accessories:  Doily triple layer punch, Basic pearls, Sponge daubers, Everyday Enchantment brads

No comments: