Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Smooch and Spritz

Here's another layout that was inspired by Kelly Purkey's Sketchbook 4 class.  This time I was inspired by a layout designed by April Foster, the owner of Studio Calico.  I took her basic idea and made it mine using the new Summer Smooches paper and a little bit of Glimmer Mist sprays that happened to match the color scheme. 
I liked the red/white/blue combo found in Chip and Dale's outfit, so I let that choose our color scheme for the page.  In the Summer Smooches paper, there is Real Red and Island Indigo paper that lent itself to this idea.  It wasn't a perfect match, but I liked it well enough to keep it for this page. 
I started by using a mask for the bottom of the layout.  I spritzed over that with Cherry Limeade and Carribean Blue Glimmer Mist.  I added a few strips of Summer Smooches paper and matted my picture with a little bit of Whisper White and Island Indigo paper.  You'll notice I left a little bit extra on the right side - I did that on purpose - kind of making it have a sideways Polaroid look.  It also left room for the baker's twine and the & symbol. 
I decided to make the title using a stencil and some letter stickers.  I tried to color the letter stickers Island Indigo....but they were a little dull.  Therefore, I went back around them with my Real Red pen to outline each letter.  While I had my Stampin' Write markers out, I doodled a little frame around the edge of the page. 
To finish off the page, I used up my supply of Real Red buttons and Island Indigo brads.  I pierced a trail using my paper piercer and scattered the buttons and brads along that trail leading your eye right through the picture and the title. 

Ink:  Island Indigo, Real Red
Paper:  Whisper White, Island Indigo, Summer Smooches DSP
Accessories:  Island Indigo baker's twine, Real Red buttons, Island Indigo brads, Mask (pink Paislee), Stickers (Studio Calico), Stencil (Jenni Bowlin), Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels)

No comments: