Friday, May 18, 2012

Fancy Favor box

I've had this Fancy Favor box on my wishlist for quite a while, so one month recently, I purchased this as a half price item from Stampin' Up.  I love the elegant look of the Fancy Favor box.  What I love even more is just how EASY it is to put together!  It's so versatile, even my daughter enjoys making these for her friends!  Granted....she fills them with toys she doesn't want to play with anymore, but hey, it's the thought that counts, right?
So, here I have the box.  I literally took a 12X6 piece of Basic Black and finished teh rest with scraps of paper.  I used stamps from Clearly for You for the right side.  For the left side, I used a piece of an extra image from the candy to fill in the space. 
What?  I had extra images from the candy? .....  I don't know what happened to that candy!  It just disappeared and left the wrapper behind!!!!  ;)
So here are the pieces of candy that did not disappear!  ;)  I stamped the image from the It's a Wrap Occasions stamp set.  I liked the Mr. & Mrs. for a wedding favor, but I thought it was a little blah.  So I added Silver Smooch to the edges.  (Although, now I think I should have added gold to match the wrapper!)
Note....when making these, you need to cut the paper to about 3 - 3 1/4" to wrap all the way around the nuggets.  I had to go back and add a paper underneath to go all the way around.

Stamps:  It's a Wrap Occasions, Clearly for You
Ink:  Real Red, Basic Black
Paper:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Scraps of DSP
Accessories:  Silver Smooch, Fancy Favor die cut, Hershey's Nuggets with toffee and almonds (these are dangerous to have in the house, people! Cover quickly and hide them from your sight....and your husband's sight!)

No comments: