Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Rainbows and hot air balloons

I loved this picture  and saying I found on Pretty Little Studio's blog this week.  I am a great lover of rainbows and I thought the saying was really inspiring.  Since the good old Kentucky Derby is this Saturday, it reminded me of all of the festivities going on in Louisville that I grew up watching.  One of my favorites was the hot air balloon race.
I saw a similar card on the demonstrator website, Stampin' Connection and I knew when I saw this picture on the PLS blog I wanted to make something with those ideas! 

To make this card I started with a Soft Suede card base and found some scraps from the colors of the rainbow (ROY G. BIV, my friends!).  I cut each scrap to 1/2" in height and glued them on from the bottom to the top. 
Next, I took a scrap of white paper and stamped some clouds on it in Tempting Turquoise.  I stamped all of the hot air balloon bottoms on the white paper.   I stamped the orange balloon on the base paper and stamped the striped and the red balloon on scraps and cut them out, adhering them with stampin' dimensionals.  I finished off the card with a bitty punch and rhinestone and a matching daffodil button.

Stamps:  Up, Up, and Away
Ink:  Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede
Paper:   Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Whisper White
Accessories:  Brights buttons, Itty Bitty punches, Basic rhinestones,, Island Indigo baker's twine

No comments: